News and Updates: Imelda Lam, May 2015 graduate, discusses her dissertation on Confucianism and Catholic Religious Education

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Imelda Lam, May 2015 graduate, discusses her dissertation on Confucianism and Catholic Religious Education



I am Imelda Lam. I am a curriculum officer working at the Ministry of Education of the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong. I work with a team that writes teaching and learning materials on religious education for teachers and students of Catholic schools in Hong Kong.


The topic of my dissertation is Catholic Religious Education and Confucianism: Some Implications for Interreligious Education in Hong Kong. This research highlighted the complementarity of Catholic Religious Education and Confucianism. It led me to explore the culture and the belief of people in the West and in the East, and took me to examine this complementary notion with an example found and implications inspired from a new curriculum that undertaking in Catholic schools in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment